Wednesday, January 27, 2010

On rules and focus

Something I'll probably get back to later as it's a big problem for me is to focus. I've realized it before, and even more now. Sometimes I wonder why I have this problem, it would be far easier to do one thing at a time and get things done. As it is now I'm more likely to try and do far too many things at one time and not get much done at all. In any case it is an issue I need to be aware of and try to address it. The main reason I've failed to get some kind of routines/habits is probably that I've tried to change everything at once. Again with little result, but with some disappointment on the other hand. Thus focusing on one area a day (and sometimes week when it's a bigger issue) I believe it will be easier. And as you might have noticed from the word "focus" I'll be forced to focus on something as well, another useful experience.

So I don't forget it: I did succed yesterday and went to bed at around 23:30. It's looking positive today as well. :-)

As a small side note I can add that I've personalized the look of the blog a bit. I guess I could have spent the time doing something more useful, but hopefully it will give me some extra motivation to keep updating this blog. Which in turn will help me abide by these rules. Writing those words made me think about whether or not rule is the best word. But it seems like the best I can find, "law" would just seem harsh, and probably with some nasty punishment if I failed, and something like "idea" or "aim" lacks the sense of consequence altogether. And consequences I'll face whether or not I have these rules or not. It's just that if I follow these rules I can hope for a lot more positive consequences than if I don't.

Someone might wonder why I haven't posted a list of the upcoming rules. One reason is that I haven't finished deciding on all of them, another reason is that some things might come automatically from getting the basic routines together. An example is that I haven't been shaving on a regular basis (my beard grows relatively fast so I'd better ;-) ), but if I just get up in the same time each morning it might be natural to do it. If not I'll have to add it to the rules to make sure I get it into my schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment